June 2018 to present
Associate News Editor for Digital Content, UMass Amherst
Revamped voice, tone, and strategy for UMass Amherst social media channels, and now manages and executes content—including photography and video—for institutional and chancellor accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Spotify, Giphy, and more.
- Improved engagement on channels by 1,897% on Linkedin, 220% on Instagram, 29% on Twitter, and 4.1% on Facebook from FY18 to FY19
- Developed “customer service”-oriented social media, opening dialog, increasing transparency, responding to comments
- Identified that the stories of the UMass student community were not being holistically shared and, as a solution, co-developed UMass Amherst Voices, a student-led storytelling initiative developed, created, and maintained by UMass Amherst students, which features a blog and corresponding Instagram and Facebook account
- Leads 150-person, campus-wide digital and social media communicator meetings with colleagues and peers across campus to provide best practices, support, and resources as a way to break down silos and inspire learning, connection, and camaraderie
July 2017 to May 2018
Diversity Communications Manager, UMass Amherst
Executed communication plan for award-winning Hate Has No Home at UMass campaign. Developed and implemented communication plans that supported the university’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through press releases, email campaigns, news articles, and social media. Managed team of social media students to create diversity content for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Jan. 2015 to July 2017
Web Writer/Social Media Manager, Springfield College
Overhauled social media strategy, including developing editorial calendar, and creating social guidelines for campus. Managed and executed social media strategy and content, including launching institutional Snapchat account and implementing marketing campaign for on-campus appearance by NBA star Shaquille O’Neal, reaching more than 180,000 people with Facebook Live. Revamped copy for hundreds of web pages on springfield.edu in less than six months for site overhaul and brand redesign. Spearheaded social media brand redesign.
Dec. 2012 to Dec. 2014
Content Developer/Social Media Manager, TicketNetwork
Managed social media platforms, improving engagement rate and increasing posting frequency. Led regular social media group meetings to discuss best practices. Revamped blog and increased readership 500% in six months. Created content for TicketNetwork.com, utilizing SEO skills, coding, and assessing analytics.
March 2012 to Nov. 2012
Editor, The Plainville Citizen
Developed content for weekly newspaper and website while managing team of freelancers. Generated stories, reported, wrote, edited, photographed, took videos, and launched social media presence for newspaper.
Jan. 2011 to July 2011
Features Reporter, Hartford Courant
Wrote, reported, and pitched stories, including interviews with Def Jam CEO Russell Simmons; American sports writer Peter King; and “Freedom Rider” Ralph Lord Roy and front-page stories on finding love via Twitter and a historical recount of the first mass murder in Connecticut.
Oct. 2010 to Dec. 2010
Graphic Designer, American Lung Association
Created brochures, postcards, and posters for upcoming events; edited and wrote copy for literature.
May 2010 to Nov. 2010
Freelance Arts Reporter, Hartford Courant
Interviewed authors and musicians and wrote long-form obituary features.
Jan. 2013 to May 2015
Founder and Editor-In-Chief, Positively Smitten Magazine
Co-founder of Positively Smitten Magazine, online magazine aimed at women, which received more than 500,000 views in its duration. Wrote and edited 2-3 articles per week, and managed all social media channels.
Jan. 2013 to Dec. 2014
Blogger, Connecticut Women’s Education and Legal Fund
Wrote blog articles focusing on issues that impact women in Connecticut and nationally.
Jan. 2013 to March 2013
Contributor, Rude Girl Magazine
Wrote advice columns.
- Minor in Women’s Studies
- Graduated magna cum laude
- Higher Ed Experts, Certificate of Achievement in Social Media Measurement, June 2016
- Latina Magazine
- Higher Ed Experts
- Hartford Courant
- Basic video editing
- Google Analytics
- Graphic design