Associate Director of News Content
UMass Amherst • January 2022 to present
- Writes and creates accessible multimedia web content, including long-form features and interviews, for use across university marketing collateral and news media.
- Serves as deputy director, filling in for Executive Director and helped manage staff of nine as needed.
Associate News Editor for Social Media
UMass Amherst • June 2018 to December 2021
- Revamped voice, tone, and strategy for institutional social media channels, improving engagement by 31% on Twitter; 84% on LinkedIn; and 210% on Instagram in FY20.
- Developed and led inaugural social media and crisis communications strategy.
- Created engaging content for institutional and chancellor social accounts, prioritizing inclusive, student-first storytelling while managing student team.
Diversity Communications Manager
UMass Amherst • July 2017 to May 2018
- Spearheaded marketing strategy for award-winning Hate Has No Home campaign.
- Developed and implemented inaugural communication plan highlighting university’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through press releases, email campaigns, news articles, and social media.
- Managed and mentored team of students.
Web Writer and Social Media Manager
Springfield College • Jan. 2015 to July 2017
- Overhauled copy, site map, and SEO for hundreds of web pages on springfield.edu in condensed timeline.
- Oversaw digital news content strategy, developing SEO tactics to prioritize audience retention and improve engagement on website, social media, and email.
- Developed and executed social media strategy, editorial calendar, and guidelines.
- Supervised team of freelancers and students.
Content Developer and Social Media Manager
TicketNetwork • Dec. 2012 to Dec. 2014
- Managed website and social media platforms; led cross-company social media meetings; and overhauled blog strategy, increasing readership 500% in six months.
Editor and Reporter
The Plainville Citizen • Mar. 2012 to Nov. 2012
- Developed content for weekly newspaper, website, and social media; and managed team of freelancers.
Hartford Courant • May 2010 to July 2011
- Wrote, reported, and pitched stories with local and high-profile celebrities, authors, and influential figures.
2016 • Higher Ed Experts, Certificate of Achievement in Social Media Measurement
2010 • University of Connecticut, BA in journalism and English
News and Features
- Latina Magazine
- Hartford Courant
Young Adult Fiction
Fat Chance, Charlie Vega, Holiday House, 2021
- 2021 New England Book Award Winner
- Kirkus Reviews Best YA Book
- NPR Best Book of 2021
- Business Insider Best YA Book
- An Amazon.com Best Children’s Book of 2021
- Starred review from Kirkus Reviews
No Filter and Other Lies, Holiday House, 2022
- A Junior Library Guild Gold Standard Selection
- A Seventeen Magazine Best Young Adult Book
- A POPSUGAR Best New YA Novel of 2022
- Starred review from Publishers Weekly
- Photography and Videography: Nikon D5600 • iMovie • Photo editing Video editing • RAW Processing
- Web and Graphics: Drupal • WordPress • SEO • CSS • HTML • Google Analytics • Adobe
- Social Media: Instagram • Twitter • Facebook • TikTok YouTube • LinkedIn • Giphy • Snapchat
- Writing and Copyediting: News • Features • Q&A • Executive communications • AP Style
- Soft Skills: Organization • Public speaking Problem solving • Flexibility • Empathy